When Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. aired their winter finale, they teased a web-series focused on the Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez character to tide fans over until the show returned. All six episodes were released on December 13 and they focus on the time between seasons three and four. It was during this time that Yo-Yo had registered with the Sokovia Accords as an Inhuman and secretly helping Daisy as she sought the Watchdogs as a fugitive. Here are some of the best moments from the series!
- Daisy training in S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ. She’s getting used to being back on the team again.
- A sad moment as Phil is cleaning out his office to prepare for Director Mace to take over.
- Stan Lee makes a cameo. His photo is in a frame inside one of Phil’s boxes as he’s cleaning out his office.
- Peggy Carter gets a mention as Coulson gives Yo-Yo a S.H.I.E.L.D. pin that belonged to Peggy. Yo-Yo would later give the pin to Daisy.
- There’s also references to Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and his prison, the Raft as seen in Captain America: Civil War.
- Mace really shows what the Sokovia Accords are doing behind the scenes for S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers. The heroes can’t just get up and go fight the bad guys. There’s paperwork now.
- Fitz and Simmons fighting over what size TV they should get for their room in the base. Funny stuff.
- May covering for and helping Yo-Yo when she discovers that she stole Mace’s credentials to find the location of her cousin’s killer Victor Ramon, who has stolen something dangerous.
- Daisy saving Yo-Yo when she’s captured by Ramon and the Watchdogs, who are there to buy the Inhuman weapon that Ramon stole.
- Yo-Yo does not kill Ramon when she has the chance, but instead he’s accidentally destroyed by the Inhuman weapon used by a Watchdog member aiming for Yo-Yo.
In the end, not a lot happened to progress the main season arcs but we did get more insight into Yo-Yo and why she chose to help Daisy for so long behind everyone’s back. The events of the series take place shortly before the start of season four, but also jumps twice to the present day with Daisy and Yo-Yo working for S.H.I.E.L.D. again, no longer on the run. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return with their new arc titled “LMD” on January 10.
The views expressed in this article are solely those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of Entertainment Earth, Inc. its owners, officers, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, vendors, customers or licensors.